Schedule for the day, Sunday 5th, 2019
8:30-9:00 Arrivals and Setup
9:00-9:15 Welcome and Introduction: Kim Unertl
9:15-10:00 Keynote and Q&A:
- Doug Fridsma, President and CEO,American Medical Informatics Association (AMIA)
- Jakob Badram, Copenhagen Center for Health Technology
10:00-11:00 Structured Coffee Break: introduced by Susanne Boll
- Lightning chats
- Discussion topic: What made you interested in attending WISH@CHI2019?
11:00-12:30 Original Research Papers – Session 1 (Session Chair: Nadir Weibel)
- For those in the WISH@CHI2019 Mentoring Program: Mentoring Lunch
- Others: Lunch break, on your own
14:00-15:30 Original Research Papers – Session 2 (Session Chair: Susanne Boll)
15:30-15:40 Short Break
15:40-16:40 Research Highlights (Session Chair: Kim Unertl)
16:40-16:45 Closing Comments: Nadir Weibel
16:45-18:00 Poster Session
Original Research Papers
SESSION 1, 11:00-12:30
(15 minute talks, 3 minute Q&A)
- Technology acceptability, acceptance and adoption – definitions and measurement
Camille Nadal, Corina Sas and Gavin Doherty
- Should I wear a smartwatch? How Children View Wearables for Behavior Change
Franceli L. Cibrian, Heather A. Cates, Kayla Guzman, Arya Tavakoulnia, Sabrina Schuck, Kimberley D. Lakes and Gillian R. Hayes
- Designing for Psychological Needs in Fitness Tracking: Supporting Engagement and Adherence
Herman Saksono and Andrea G. Parker
- Exploring Usability of mHealth Apps Through Combined Expertise of Researchers and Practitioners
Karina Caro, Allison N Spiller, Sara Syed and Gabriela Marcu
- Personalized, data-driven recommendations for diabetes self-management with GlucoGoalie
Elliot Mitchell, Marissa Burgermaster, Elizabeth Heitkemper, Matthew Levine, Yishen Miao, Pooja Desai, Maria Hwang, David Albers, Arlene Smaldone and Lena Mamykin
SESSION 2, 14:00-15:30
(15 minute talks, 3 minute Q&A)
- Supporting Remote Caregiver Input for Home Assessments
Charis Anne Lim, Pin Sym Foong, Gerald Koh, Shih-Cheng Yen, Arthur Tay and Simon Perrault
- Tedious versus Taxing: Needs Assessment in a Pediatric Feeding Disorder Clinic
Megh Marathe, Ting-Wei Chang, Lucky Chowdhury, Michelle L. Chung, Chia-Hsuan Su, Yoonseon Yi, Nikola Banovic, Alanson Sample and Gabriela Marcu
- Eavesdropping: An Information Source for Inpatients
Erin Beneteau, Shefali Haldar, Sonali Mishra and Wanda Pratt
- Lessons Learned from Deploying a Patient-Facing Technology Probe at a Pediatric and Adult Hospital
Shefali Haldar, Ari H Pollack and Wanda Pratt
- Augment, Instruct, Execute, and Verify: Augmented Reality Wound Care Training with 3D Printed Props
Danilo Gasques, Weichen Liu, Kevin Broder, Diane Chau and Nadir Weibel
SESSION 1 16:00-17:00
(6 minute talks, 2 min Q&A)
- An exploratory clinical evaluation of a head-worn display based multiple-patient monitoring application: impact on supervising anesthesiologists’ situation awareness
Paul Schlosser, Tobias Grundgeiger, Penelope Sanderson and Oliver Happel
Originally published in: Journal of Clinical Monitoring and Computing (https://doi.org/10.1007/s10877-019-00265-4)
- ActiStairs: Design and Acceptance of a Technology-Based Intervention to Advocate Stair-Climbing in Public Spaces
Jochen Meyer, Elke Beck, Kai von Holdt, Dirk Gansefort, Tilman Brand, Hajo Zeeb and Susanne Boll
Originally published in: HealthMedia’18: Proceedings of the 3rd International Workshop on Multimedia for Personal Health and Health Care (https://doi.org/10.1145/3264996.3264997)
- Examining Self-Tracking by People with Migraine: Goals, Needs, and Opportunities in a Chronic Health Condition
Jessica Schroeder, Chia-Fang Chung, Daniel Epstein, Ravi Karkar, Adele Parsons, Natalia Murinova, James Fogarty and Sean Munson
Originally published in: DIS’18: Proceedings of the 2018 Designing Interactive Systems Conference (https://doi.org/10.1145/3196709.3196738)
- Toward Self-Tracking in Chronic Liver Disease
Ravi Karkar, Rafal Kocielnik, Xiaoyi Zhang, Jasmine Zia, George Ioannou, Sean Munson and James Fogarty
Originally published in: Proceedings of the ACM on Interactive, Mobile, Wearable and Ubiquitous Technologies (https://doi.org/10.1145/3264927)
- Clinical Data in Context: Towards Sensemaking Tools for Interpreting Personal Health Data
Shriti Raj, Ashley Garrity, Joyce Lee and Mark Newman
Originally published in: Proceedings of the ACM on Interactive, Mobile, Wearable and Ubiquitous Technologies (https://doi.org/10.1145/3314409)
- Understanding Pivotal Experience in Behavior Change for the Design of Technologies for Personal Wellbeing
Samantha Kolovson, Arpita Bhattacharya, Yi-Chen Sung, Mike Eacker, Michael Chen, Sean Munson and Julie Kientz
Originally published in: Journal of Biomedical Informatics (https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbi.2018.01.002)
- Must We Bust the Trust? Understanding How the Clinician-Patient Relationship Influences Patient Engagement in Safety
Sonali Mishra, Shefali Haldar, Maher Khelifi, Ari Pollack and Wanda Pratt
Originally published in: AMIA 2018 Annual Symposium Proceedings (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6371248/)
POSTER SESSION 16:45-18:00
- HeyPillow: Computationally Guided Sleep Behavior Study Through Sensing
Nediyana Daskalova, Jiaju Ma, Tiffany Chen, Valerie Nguon, Jing Qian, Chonghui Chen and Jeff Huang.
- Understanding Health Information Management of People with Epilepsy and Their Caregivers
Aehong Min, Wendy R. Miller, Luis M. Rocha, Katy Börner, Rion Brattig Correia and Patrick C. Shih.
- Towards Assessment of Personal Health Data Literacy in Type 1 Diabetes
Shriti Raj, Joyce Lee, Matthew Kay and Mark Newman.
- The importance of core-ties for depression self-management
Eleanor Burgess, Kathryn Ringland, Jordan Eschler, David Mohr and Madhu Reddy.
- Gait Rehabilitation for Neurological Conditions using Wearable Devices
Riasat Islam, Simon Holland, Blaine A. Price and Paul Mulholland.
- A Persuasive Interface for Engaging Arthritis Patients in Physical Activity
Noami Khenglawt, Siddhant Bhandari, Monica Sharma and Aqueasha Martin-Hammond.
- I Want to Be a Surgeon! Role Playing for Remote Surgery in Mixed Reality
Thomas Sharkey, Janet Johnson, Danilo Gasques and Nadir Weibel.
- A Mobile Game to Educate and Empower Children with a Recently Diagnosed Celiac Disease
Avi Parush, Maayan Efrat, Corina Hartman and Yigal Elenberg.
- CrowdEEG: A Platform for Structured Consensus Formation in Medical Time Series Analysis
Mike Schaekermann, Graeme Beaton, Minahz Habib, Andrew Lim, Kate Larson and Edith Law.
- Beyond The Smartphone: The Assessment And Reflection Of Wellbeing For Children
Tu Duong, Yvonne Rogers, Ann Blandford and Neil Sebire.
- A novel hand-held interface supporting the self-management of type 1 diabetes
Robert Spence, Chukwuma Uduku, Kezhi Li and Pantelis Georgiou.
- DataPark: A Data-Driven Platform for Parkinson’s Disease Monitoring
Diogo Branco, César Mendes, Ricardo Pereira, André Rodrigues, Raquel Bouça, Kyle Montague, Joaquim Ferreira and Tiago Guerreiro.
- Designing self-care technologies for HF patients: A conceptual model
Pantea Habibi, Sabita Acharya, Barbara Di Eugenio, Richard Cameron, Andrew D. Boyd, Karen Dunn Lopez, Pamela Martyn-Nemeth, Carolyn Dickens, Amer Ardati and Debaleena Chattopadhyay.
- Creativity in Surgery Takes a HIT from Telemanipulated Robots
- WriteMind: An Affective Journal for Caregivers
Vivian Genaro Motti.